Modernizing federal cybersecurity and technology. Experienced leader, engineer, and speaker.
U.S. General Services Administration— May 2014 - Present
I've worked for GSA as a Software Engineer for 18F (May 2014 - Aug 2016), a Senior Advisor for GSA's Technology Transformation Services (Aug 2016 - Present), and Authorizing Official (March 2017 - Present). As part of TTS' senior management team, I help oversee our organization's information security posture, determine significant aspects of our technology strategy, and lead our work shaping agency- and government-wide technology and cybersecurity policy.
Sunlight Foundation— February 2009 - May 2014
The Sunlight Foundation is a non-partisan non-profit dedicated to increasing government transparency through technology. I was a core Software Engineer on Sunlight's technology team, and a program officer on its international team.
Prior Roles and Education
- Self-employed — Nov 2008 - Feb 2009 — Freelance consultant performing software development.
- Blue State Digital — Aug 2008 - Nov 2008 — Software Engineer at a technology consultancy for campaigns.
- thoughtbot, inc. — Aug 2006 - Aug 2008 — Software Engineer at a Ruby-based technology consultancy.
- Tenebril, inc. — Aug 2005 - Aug 2006 — Junior Researcher at a (now defunct) anti-spyware company.
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute — graduated May 2005 — Bachelor's in Computer Science.